*yawn* This is boring.

Hi.

Today, is a holiday here in the Philippines, more specifically, Edsa day. It’s the day when our country was freed from Marcos’ dictatorship, and democracy was restored. I had hoped today would be interesting, but alas, no.

So I spent my time watching TV, reading books, eating and sleeping. And from time to time, I would read the stuff on my Tumblr dashboard. I would also open my tumblr page so I can listen to the music on it. When I did so, I realized my tumblr seriously needed a facelift. So I decided to give it one.

***CAUTION: THE NEXT COUPLE OF PARAGRAPHS CONTAIN WORDS WHICH MAY NOT BE UNDERSTANDABLE TO THOSE WHO ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH BASIC PHOTO EDITS***

Finding a new theme was the easy part, since there were a lot of different user-made themes. I settled for the theme “Themocrity” by Anthagio. But just changing the theme didn’t work.

I had found out my current background (which was a custom-made starry night scene) won’t look too good with Themocrity. So I decided to make one out of scratch.

First I had to decide what to base it from. Then I remembered that this blog had a Victorian pattern as it’s background, so I decided to do the same thing for it. But I hated just copy-pasting backgrounds, I preferred something that I really made. So I opened a 120x1000px file in PsCS3, and got to work.

I first gave it some sort of texture by filling the background layer with black, and Then applied a noise filter set at an amount of 4.8%, and at an adjustment of Gaussian and Monochromatic.

My noise settings as used in making my background

After that, I then set up a new document, where I will make my Victorian pattern brush, after realizing I didn’t have one yet. So using a stock photo from the net, I extracted the pattern and converted it into a brush.

(For more info on how to make a Ps brush, check this, or this one.)

Being satisfied with my brush, which in my opinion looked nicely Gothic-Victorian, I went back to the other document, and painted a pattern on a new layer. Very simple, looks a lot like house wallpaper.

A portion of my half finished background.

I saw it as it was a little too bare, too simple, so I decided to give it a little color. I took my gradients panel up, and created a pastel-hued rainbow. Basically I just took the default rainbow gradient and dragged the cursor a little to the left to turn it into nice, pastel shades.

Pastel Rainbow!

Opening a new layer, I painted the gradient vertically, from top to bottom. Aligning the new color layer so that it was on top of the pattern,I converted it into a clipping mask by alt+clicking the line between the two layers. And I was done! Here’s the result after I added the clipping mask:

A clipping of the finished image.

I had liked my work so much I also used it for this blog. Haha, vain old me.

Nightsoul Bladeheart

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Random churvachuchu!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s